So hard in love


Well, i am finally in tokyo and i am finding it as overwhelming as i thought i would. i'm still scared of going on the trains because i read not all stations have elevators so it would be difficult to go with the stroller. and my kids definitely cannot walk the entire way. 

i read some advice by moms who live here though and maybe just maybe i'll be brave enough to do it. if it were me and hubby i'd probably insist we familiarize ourselves with the train from day 1. 

we've been to takashimaya in nihombashi and i already made the tourist 5% discount card with hello kitty on it while purchasing some clothes from miki house for the kids. it appears the shinjuku store also offers a discount card and it isn't identical to the nihombashi one...i might have to visit that store too, lol. 

we also went to ginza and shibuya briefly. a store in ginza carries the birkin of my dreams but i am on the fence on whether to purchase or not. i think this basically means i am not as interested as i think i am. 

it felt so unreal to see the shibuya crossing in real life. being in a place that crowded, although challenging with my toddlers' double stroller, makes me feel lighthearted; as if i am one with the world. it's not easy for me to describe this feeling but i've been sheltered my whole life and (perhaps it purposely) made to believe that being in a crowded place it being out after dark was simply unsuitable and unladylike. to me, this pretty much negates my very nature. so when i am presented with the opportunity to just be in the middle of a crowded place, walking, standing or just being...it makes me feel alive. 

i'm still not sure what i want to do tomorrow. the fambam is planning to head to mount. fuji but i will probably decline to tag along. i am still overwhelmed by my surrounding areas that i don't feel ready to go. i need to get comfortable getting around here first. the last 2 days just haven't felt real. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bakery Story Addiction

Crazy Love

Chinese New Year