The Internet is Back!


I've started watching this show from HBO Canada, Big Little Lies. My sister mentioned it a few months ago but I don't remember the name ever sticking. Browsing around iTunes sometime last week and I initially thought, "is this the adult version of Pretty Little Liars?", but I don't know. Not really. Although it is a dark mystery type. I gave up watching Pretty Little Liars because I couldn't handle being teased anymore. 

The show is extremely well done. I'm only a few episodes in but because of how well done it is, it makes me not want to miss anything. Admittedly, there are several things which are hard to watch so I tend to just skip over them. But the first time I watched the first episode I was simultaneously playing a game on Hearthstone and ended up playing Hearthstone over watching the show. Not because Hearthstone is more interesting, but because there was a degree of depth in the show that required a specific state of mind. This is not something that you can have on in the background, you need to be in it and on it, especially for me since I can't follow things that well if I don't feel I've been properly introduced to the characters, yet. This also is not a guilty pleasure like Desperate Housewives, which I only enjoyed when I was maybe 10 years younger.

My only complaint is that it's been 4 episodes already, but the events that have started in the first episodes have nowhere near unfolded. While the jump back and forth does add a degree of suspense, I have to admit my appetite dries up when suspense is taken a step too far. So far so good, though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bakery Story Addiction

Crazy Love

Chinese New Year